Monday 26 September 2011

Fun With Fables #3







  Garfie The Cat & Evangeline The Mouse
Paper mache, clay  fabrics, haberdashery, vintage papers, embroidery, 
sewing & collage

I came across Vanessa Cabban's work on pinterest recently and immediately fell in love with her papier mache sculptures. An artist and an illustrator, Vanessa has worked on over 25 children's books and exhibits and sells her paintings and prints in galleries around the UK. International readers will be delighted to know that she also has an etsy shop, where you will occasionally find some of her beautiful papier mache creatures for sale.
Needless to say, Vanessa's sculptures are handmade with love and would make beautiful heirloom pieces. How pretty Garfie The Cat and Evangeline The Mouse would look in a nursery or child's room! 
J'aime !





6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Deb,

    So many great new things you have here..I need some time to take a closer look..:-)Im back after a break, and love if you will drop by...:-)

    I love the happy mouse..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, amazing! Although I do find the cat a little bit terrifying! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're very kind Deborah, thank you very much for your wonderful words about my work, I'm very flattered you like it, and like it enough to want to feature it on your very classy and absorbing blog, thank you! Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!