Wednesday 1 February 2012

Shino Suzuki


 Japanese textile designer Shino Suzuki graduated from The University College in Falmouth in 2009. I was immediately drawn to the use of colour and embroidery in her quirky soft sculptures, inspired by traditional costumes and customs from all over the world.




 I discovered Shino's unique work via Selvedge Magazine in 2009, when she won a New Designers Award.





 You will find three of Shino's one-of-a-kind handmade pieces, The Lady and the Bird, Alright, and Edward, in the Kickcan & Conkers shop.





4 comments:

  1. beautiful dolls!:) she's a wonderful artist!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are just stunning. I'm not usually a big doll person, but I really love these. THe detail is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful! true pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!