Thursday 23 April 2015

Shop Watch: Coil4











Bonjour !

Rusty nails, well-worn linen and distressed wood with a long, long story to tell...

If you've been following me here or on pinterest for a while, you will know how much I love simple, soulful finds. Our own home is full of them, collected over the almost thirty years I have lived in France. I have always loved vintage items, and I enjoy giving them a new life or juxtaposing them with something modern or unexpected to bring out and enhance their  simplicity. We try to go the local flea markets regularly and although we've already accumulated so many things, I usually bring something new home every time...no self-control in the vintage department you see!

I often dream of having my own little bricks-and-mortar shop to share my love of vintage and handmade objects. I wouldn't need a big space, small and intimate would be fine.  I would invite guest exhibitors - artists, artisans, makers of magic - to share my humble commercial abode. Creativity would reign, coffee would be served and cakes eaten too!

If I close my eyes, I can see it all quite clearly...

I think my ideal shop would look like 


I am so happy that I have found this Japanese store!

all images taken from coil4's blog  - un rĂ©gal !

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely shop. Thanks for finding all these most interesting places and things. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!